.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Vibesworkshop Blog

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Synth Vibe Sounds!

For the first time in my life I found a great vibe sound that i played with and loved. It’s my favorite… Well that’s not counting my FAVORITE vibe sound which is an accoustic vibe sound!


Over the years I’d get into midi and then out of it. Back in the day I even wrote an ear training program in hypercard. Remember those shareware catalogs you’d get in the mail? It was in a few of them. Man, remember having to look through a catalog for shareware programs and then ordering them through MAIL. Wow!


Anyway I’m getting back into it all again. Got a couple macs and gearing them up with Reason, Digital Performer, Pro Tools and more stuff!


I was using the Mallet KAT with Reason and man the vibe sound on there was GREAT!!! F%^&ing GREAT! At least I thought so!


Any other great digital vibe sounds out there? I would love to have a vibe sound to use with the KAT. I’ve used it for a few different gigs but it’s usually a tool. But I’m excited about this new vibe sound! I felt like I could be expressive with it.


Could be fun to take out the mallet KAT, the Mac and a small amp and be able to do some stuff with it!


Any other good vibe sounds? Anybody using the KAT? I haven’t been able to take it on a jazz gig. I never felt comfortable. I did use it with this group ‘Gerald Veasley and the Electric Mingus Project’. But I would bring my accoustic vibes as well. It would be great to just use this on that gig!


Well any electronic mallet players out there? What do you think?

1 Comments:

  • When I used to live in California, I heard a good vibist named Jonn Magnussen play a Malletkat suspended over a Deagan Traveller. What was cool was how he could play from one to the other without pause, and also he could play with one hand on each. So he could go from Kat-marimba to acoustic vibes in a moment.

    Unfortunately, I don't remember what kind of stand he used to suspend the Kat over his Deagan.

    By Blogger John Keene, at 4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home