.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Vibesworkshop Blog

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Lugging the Instrument: The Rock and Roller

I’m getting ready for a month of not stop gigs. That’s good financially but not good with sanity! It’s definitely not good when it comes to setting up and tearing down that frickin instrument!


I’ve been gigging for 30+ years now. part of the time on drums and the rest on vibes. I’m so sick of tearing that thing down and setting it up!! Sometimes 2 and 3 times a day.


My cases are shot, I desperately need knew soft cases which i also hate buying. That’s like buying a new tux. WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY, except that you need it for certain gigs that usually pay a lot of money.


On top of all those gripes, I’ll be doing a bunch of show dates with Joe Piscopo. Man, I’m not a show musician!! His gig though, is fun, easy and cool. So it won’t be that bad, overall. The problem will be lugging the ‘axe’ all over. I’ll move that thing most days in July!!!


If you guys don’t know, the answer is soft cases and the ‘Rock and Roller’. It’s a cart that you won’t know how you lived without after you buy it. Get some bungy chords also.


It was never something I thought about when I was young, however now I can boast that I can park blocks away from the gig and wheel my crap in in one shot! At 47 that’s a big deal. In and out of the gig. That’s my goal now. Set up time sucks, takes away too much from life and music. But i have it down!


I yank the stuff out of my Subaru, goes on the cart, bungy chords hold it down and off I go. You can google the ‘Rock and Roller’. Or just type in cartsareus.com or something like that and you’ll find it.


I don’t know how I went around without it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home